POSITION: Administrative and Communications Assistant
Scope: Part-time (approx. 20 hours/week)
Reports to: Administrator
The administrative assistant will assist in performing the necessary secretarial/reception duties required in the church office. For communications will assist with all promotional items of the church including print and electronic.
• Be a professing Christian and an active member in a local church, preference to Bakerview.
• Have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of trust and be conscious of the need for confidentiality.
• Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teach ability, and accountability.
• Willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
• Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
• Possess the ability to work independently without supervision.
• Have completed Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
• Be proficient in Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Suite (In Design).
• Have graphic design and/or video editing skills.
• Prepare and produce the weekly church bulletin and liturgical material.
• File hard copies of bulletins, liturgical folders and other pertinent documents for the archives.
• Mail or email bulletins and liturgical folders to absentee church members, as requested.
• Answer the phone in a courteous and helpful manner.
• Keep the bulletin boards tidy and updated.
• Prepare the bi-weekly newsletter and monthly calendar.
• Maintain the physical appearance of the office, and to open and close the church office as needed.
• Carry out such other duties as may be required by the pastors or administrator.
• Maintain the church website in consultation, if necessary, with the web designer.
• Maintain and update social media websites.
• Assist in the creation of forms, posters and brochures and other electronic media as needed.
• Prepare advertisements for the local paper as needed.
• Prepare PowerPoint in ProPresenter (software).
• Be present or arrange for a volunteer to be present at church activities to provide photo, media and communications support.